Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Broody Face (or 'How the Writing is Going' and 'Yes, I Talk to My Dogs')

So, it's been a minute since I posted a blog entry. I've been toiling away on Shadows Fall. When I say 'toiling', I mostly mean staring at the wall and scowling. That's my process.

I scowl, I write, I scowl some more. My mother calls it my 'broody face'. I prefer to think of it as my 'pondering the mysteries of the universe' face. But, yeah. It's my broody face.

Which is what I've been doing lately. Brooding. And going over the plot. And brooding some more. And eating chocolate and drinking too much coffee. And brooding.

When I get stuck on a plot point, I go to Youtube to watch cute/funny videos (usually cats) until my brain starts working again.

Such as:


Which is narrated by Zefrank1, who has his own Youtube channel full of videos (specifically the 'True Facts' videos which are not particularly safe for work, but pretty amusing anyway).

And I found this video:


Which is basically the way I talk with my dogs.

In other news:

I'm hoping to have an excerpt up some time soon. By the end of the month, for sure. If you're on the mailing list, it will go to your inbox. Otherwise, check back in a bit to read it here.

Anyway, I should get back to work. Hope everyone is doing well. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment