Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pie Pans & Pippin

My aunt made pie today. In honor of Flag Day. I was not actually aware that Flag Day was a pie holiday, but I digress. So, she made pie. And it was awesome. Which brings me to the topic of my post.

Have you ever noticed that trying to be quiet never works? You end up making more noise than a 747 during take-off. Or is that just me?

Well, today I was trying to dispose of an empty pie pan. They are silent when full. When empty they are...not. I managed to drop it three times in the five feet from the counter to the trashcan. It hit the edge of the cabinet, the cabinet door, the floor, and rolled across the floor to hit another cabinet. Three times.

If there was anyone asleep in the neighborhood, they weren't after that. I turn into Pippin when I'm trying to be quiet. I trip over things, bang into things, knock things over. I'm not exactly graceful as a swan at the best of times, but it gets so much worse when I'm actively trying.

You know that scene with Pippin in Moria? Where he knocks the skeleton's head into the well...and the body...and the chain...and the bucket? That's me.

For your viewing pleasure, here is the scene I'm talking about.


That's me. Pippin all the way. By the time I was done, the dog was howling like we were under attack. But the pie was really good. So, there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment