Friday, May 8, 2015

A Tiny House

So, my mom wants to build/buy a shed to live in. Yeah. Just let that sink in for a few seconds. She has a perfectly decent house, but wants to live in a "tiny house" now. Why? She looks at stuff.

I should start at the beginning. My mother is a window shopper. If it were an Olympic sport she would win gold. She will stop and look at literally anything.

For example: While out with my grandmother (of course), she stumbled upon someone selling these.



 After talking with him for a while (almost 2 hours), she decided it would make a great home. I agree if she means for the garden equipment. For her and her stuff, perhaps not. But, never one to let a chance at research (procrastinating) pass me by, I looked it up. Turns out, it's a thing.


(The guy speaking on the trailer sounds exactly like the guy from This American Life on BBC Radio 4. True story.)

After watching the documentary, scouring dozens of websites and reading a few blogs...I kinda want to live in a tiny house, too. :)

If you would like to read up a little, here's a link to a pretty cool blog about living tiny. Living tiny is also a thing. Here's a website to learn all about it. Let me know if any of you decide to go off grid and create tiny homesteads. :) Also a thing, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment