Monday, November 3, 2014

The Catalyst (or My Writing Progress and Procrastination Problem)

I've reached the halfway point in The Catalyst. Yay! It's written in two parts, just like No Light.

(No Light SPOILER ALERT!)

The first part took place in The Corridor and the second half was after the escape of the Dems. The Catalyst also has an event in the middle that splits the book in two.

I completed the first half a few days ago and plan to start the second half Tuesday (I've been brainstorming the past few days) and I'm pretty excited to be writing without an outline again. I haven't done that since No Light. 0_0

Along with pondering the second half of the book (and daydreaming), I've been binge watching a ridiculous amount of kid/family movies. Warm fuzzies (and tears) abound. This is following my marathon of The Walking Dead last month. I just randomly get on a kick and have to let it play out.

(I usually get good ideas while most of my mind is focused on something else. I think my conscious mind is too loud at times, so I have to distract it with lights and noise. Like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.)

And since I'm old school and prefer actual video stores, I drove twenty minutes into town a few times this week to rent movies. Mostly animated (Disney's UP made me cry, again), but also a few live action. Like A Little Princess, Maleficent, and Old Yeller. Why do I do this to myself...? smh

Anyway, back on topic.

I expected to be able to give an extended blurb by now, but since the book is going to be about 30,000+ words longer than I had planned... I'm not really sure how it will end. What I can do is post the first chapter of the book. Which I will be doing around the middle of November.

If you would like to join me in watching tear-jerker movies, here's a random article to use as a starting point -> 56 Movies Guaranteed To Make You Ugly Cry



No comments:

Post a Comment